The Medical Research Foundation
Centre for Clinical Excellence and Leadership
The MRF Centre for Clinical Excellence and Leadership in High Quality HIV/STI prevention, care, treatment and integrated health services
The MRF Centre for Clinical Excellence and Leadership will serve as a regional model for HIV care in the Caribbean --delivering a comprehensive package of HIV/STI prevention, care and treatment and integrated health services to populations at higher risk for, and those diagnosed and living with HIV and STIs. Through the ongoing development, dissemination, and use of research and best practices, the MRF will build a strong intellectual foundation to monitor, and improve clinical outcomes and quality of care for all patients living with HIV.
MissionThe MRF Center for Clinical Excellence and Leadership is dedicated to providing a range of biomedical, behavioural and health interventions to effectively address the medical, psychosocial and social support needs of its clients from time of initial diagnosis and through their continuum of care toward achieving viral suppression The goals of the Center are:
- Expand access to high quality HIV/STI prevention, care and treatment services and programs to address the needs of all persons living with HIV and those disproportionately affected by the disease such as adolescents and youth, men, women, prisoners, and key population.
- Provision of integrated health services and programs to improve health, reduce HIV co-infections, manage disease co-morbidities among high burden populations such as migrants, prisoners living with HIV, youths and men living with HIV.
- Deliver high quality care through a cadre of experienced and expertly trained staff to include doctors, nurses, pharmacists, laboratorians and patient peers though enhanced patient management and on going commitment to quality improvement.
- Improve patient outcomes through the routine use of data for going monitoring and research;
- Provide state of the art training for health care workers (HCW) in the comprehensive care and management of persons living with HIV/AIDS.
- Foster and retain on-going collaborations and research to continue to build and sustain the MRF capacity in the ongoing development, dissemination, and use of research and best practices
At the Medical Research Foundation of Trinidad and Tobago,
we are committed to serving our clients and maintaining our values
We are committed to treating your information in a confidential manner
We respect you as individuals and will provide care in the way that best protects your privacy
We strive to provide you with an excellent healthcare delivery in a timely manner
We aim to provide personal care
and professional service